This week, Anika will be educating attendees on the safe and effective use of its joint replacement solutions at the largest gathering of orthopedic surgeons in the US.
The OVOMotion® with Inlay Glenoid Total Shoulder Arthroplasty (TSA) Systems and Tactoset® Injectable Bone Substitute coupled with suture augmentation, will take center stage at the 2022 AAOS Annual Meeting taking place March 23-25 in Chicago, IL. The gathering brings together surgeons, academics, and industry representatives to share the latest research and innovations in orthopedics.
Anika’s clinically proven OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA System goes beyond the repair to preserve native anatomy and restore motion without activity restrictions, offering a reliable primary solution across glenoid stages. This TSA System offers the only nonspherical humeral head construct combined with a true Inlay Glenoid implant that is proven to recenter the glenohumeral joint and be 10x more resistant to loosening1,2. The anatomic design of the OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA System optimizes range of motion and provides a strong, stable TSA solution that is reshaping the standard of primary TSA regardless of glenoid staging and posterior subluxation1,2, 3, 4.
Tactoset, another featured product for Anika, is a calcium phosphate based, hyaluronic acid (HA)-enhanced injectable bone substitute. This biocompatible, osteoconductive bone graft substitute material is easily injectable, highly flowable, interdigitates into the trabecular bone architecture, and supports cell-mediated regeneration of new bone as it is resorbed6.
Tactoset is now indicated for use with the augmentation of hardware, such as soft tissue anchors. It can provide greater than twice the pullout strength of nonaugmented anchors by increasing the density of poor-quality bone caused by cysts or osteoporosis6. It allows for placement of anchors in the ideal repair location, eliminating the need for additional anchors or complex techniques.
Featured Surgeon Faculty:
During Innovation Theater sessions (booth #3658), two orthopedic surgeons will talk about Anika’s two featured products.
In his session Go Beyond Repair with This Primary TSA System that Offers a Stable and Reliable Solution Regardless of Glenoid Staging and Posterior Subluxation, Anthony Miniaci, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Cleveland Clinic, will discuss how the OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA system is reshaping the standard of primary total shoulder arthroplasty for glenohumeral osteoarthritis. He will share clinical insights, surgical techniques, and patient outcome data. His presentation is from 9:30-9:50 a.m. on Wednesday, March 23 in booth #3658.
Next, in the session Inject Confidence into Your Repair: Augmenting Hardware with Tactoset Injectable Bone Substitute,Wasik Ashraf, DO, will discuss Tactoset’s new indication for the augmentation of hardware such as soft tissue anchors. His talk is from 10:30-10:50 a.m. on Thursday, March 24 in booth #3658.
Throughout the meeting, attendees will have the opportunity to speak with and hear more about our joint replacement solutions from key opinion leading surgeons at the Anika booth #3250.
Here’s the schedule for the Ask the Expert sessions:
- Wed., 3/23, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA with Anthony Miniaci, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Thurs., 3/24, 11 a.m.-12 noon: TSA, Tactoset, SportsMed with Wasik Ashraf, DO, Crystal Run Health (New York)
- Thurs., 3/24, 1:30-3 p.m.: Tactoset with Scott Sigman, MD, Orthopedic Surgical Associates of Lowell (Massachusetts)
- Thurs., 3/24, 2-4 p.m.: OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA with Gregory Nicholson, MD, Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (Illinois)
- Fri, 3/25, 9-11 am: OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid TSA with Anthony Miniaci, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Fri., 3/25, 9-11 a.m.: WristMotion TWA & SpeedSpiral CMC with Arnold-Peter Weiss, MD, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital. (Dr. Weiss is a co-developer of the WristMotion TWA system)
- Fri., 3/25, 1:30-3 p.m.: Tactoset with Scott Sigman, MD, Orthopedic Surgical Associates of Lowell (Massachusetts)
To learn more about these featured products and the complete Anika portfolio, visit us at Booth #3250. For more information about The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ Annual Meeting, visit aaos.org/annual.
- Gagliano JR, Helms SM, Colbath GP, Przestrzelski BT, Hawkins RJ, DesJardins JD. A comparison of onlay versus inlay glenoid component loosening in total shoulder arthroplasty. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2017 Jul;26(7):1113-1120. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2017.01.018. Epub 2017 Mar 27. PMID: 28359697.
- Total shoulder arthroplasty with nonspherical humeral head and inlay glenoid replacement: clinical results comparing concentric and nonconcentric glenoid stages in primary shoulder arthritis. Miniaci, Anthony et al., JSES Open Access, Volume 0, Issue 0
- Sercan Yalcin, Michael Scarcella, Anthony Miniaci, Does non-spherical humeral head with inlay glenoid re-center the glenohumeral joint?, Seminars in Arthroplasty: JSES,Volume 31, Issue 2, 2021, Pages 310-316, ISSN 1045-4527
- Yalcin S, Scarcella M, Everhart J, Samuel L, Miniaci A. Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty With a Nonspherical Humeral Head and Inlay Glenoid in Elite Weight Lifters: A Prospective Case Series. Orthop J Sports Med. 2021 Jul 28;9(7):23259671211021055. doi: 10.1177/23259671211021055. PMID: 34377719; PMCID: PMC8330482
- *Data on file
- Data on file, Anika Therapeutics, Inc. 2. Tactoset Instructions for Use. Anika Therapeutics, Inc.; AML 500-335.