Responsible for commercial selling activity, sales team management and distributor management in assigned geographic region to achieve financial goals.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving distributor sales growth and end-user sales in the designated geographic region.
- Developing any assigned Direct sales businesses to meet or exceed financial goals.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Directly managing Anika’s Orthopaedic commercial business and sales in the respective assigned region.
- Driving sales growth in the assigned geographic area through:
- Growing the existing base of business with direct sales teams and distributors
- Building high levels of engagement and performance with our product portfolio from 3rd party distributors and direct sales teams.
- Work collaboratively with distributors to ensure strong sales message delivery and selling success through the local sales channel; organizing and participating in any sales training required.
- Work collaboratively with distribution partners to drive Anika product strategies and positioning in local markets.
- Developing compliant mutually beneficial commercial relationships with distributors that achieve sales objectives.
- Launching new products into the assigned geographies to meet or exceed goals.
- Expanding into new territories, finding new distributors & effectively starting sales with those new distributors & expediting in-country registrations to reduce time to peak sales.
- Exiting low performance distribution partnerships in favor of more effective partnerships identified.
- Monitor direct & indirect sales performance (remotely and in-field) and take appropriate action.
- Provide accurate short- and long-term forecasting across the business. Managing and collating distributor forecasts. Communicating forecasts effectively through the organization.
- Monitoring distributor performance vs contractual requirements and timings.
- Manage distributor contract compliance and take appropriate action as necessary. Ensure business is undertaken under current and up-to-date distribution agreements and contracts. Ensuring timely contract renewal or exit where appropriate.
- Liaison between other functions and distributor for key enabling activity (such as product registrations).
- Support Anika trade show and Med Programs; Support key distributor trade shows and events.
- Develop direct KOL relationships in the region, to feed into marketing activity or drive local adoption.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned
Commercial leadership with direct sales teams and through 3rd parties in a complex market environment with rapid changes in competitive, reimbursement, and regulatory landscapes. Dealing with high level clinical opinion leaders. Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth
National Sales Manager UK, and subsequent UK based sales staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Life Sciences, Business Management or equivalent qualification. MBA desirable.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven commercial management / leadership experience within a medical device sector, preferably Sports Medicine, Orthobiologics, or Joint Preservation looking after sales in excess of $10M
- Sales management experience in Sports Medicince, Orthoapedics or Orthobiolgics strongly preferred.
- 3rd Party Distributor Management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in an Orthopaedic therapy or clinical area.
- Ability to clearly communicate across cultures and with partners who don’t have English as a first language.
- Experience of developing and driving large commercial deals. Ability to deal wih complex deal and pricing models. Skilled in developing analytical commercial models in excel.
- Experience in forecasting and managing forecast processes
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a country and International KOL level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
- Ability to travel internationally approx. 60% of the time, sometimes for extended periods.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.