Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support manufacturing with all aspects of CNC Programming.
- Understanding of machine operation.
- Ability to identify tooling and tool locations.
- Ability to make adjustments without supervision.
- Ability to understand part inspection techniques and associated record keeping.
- Knowledge of material picking and issuing.
- Ability to train and mentor co-workers.
- Review and understand all associated training instructions deemed appropriate for position.
- Develops CNC programs with a variety of equipment such as Mills, Lathes, Swiss Screw Machines, and Wire EDM’s.
- Generate supporting manufacturing documentation including set-up sheets and training records.
- Set-up and operate CNC machines as needed.
- Tool replacement and adjustment without supervision.
- Material picking and issuing for job and record keeping.
- Continuous improvement in manufacturing techniques and the ability to independently identify problems that require correction.
- Making offsets and adjustments to running programs as necessary.
- Perform all aspects of mechanical inspection for parts being manufactured.
- Programming inspection equipment and interpreting the results.
- Identifying proper tooling to perform machining goals and monitoring continued improvement of tools and programs.
- Training others from Trainee level and up.
- Assembly and manufacture of product, in accordance with quality system requirements, manufacturing procedures, and manufacturing instructions.
- Perform or assist in received materials, in-process product, and final product inspection/test.
- Participate in development and review of manufacturing procedures to help ensure manufacturing requirements and goals are achieved.
- Assist in development of manufacturing instructions that document and control the manufacturing process.
- Assist the development of manufacturing tool and fixture requirements and promote ongoing control.
- Assist in deployment of product changes (CO’s) to ensure correct implementation.
- Assist the development of facility requirements to accommodate production, including workflow, shelving, other storage, and workstations.
- Provide feedback to Manufacturing or Product Engineering personnel concerning manufacturing needs and product enhancements that would improve both quality and ease of manufacturing of the product.
- Implementation and use of special facility controls that may be required, for example ESD, cleanliness, etc.
- Interface and support regulatory affairs as required to help ensure production processes and facilities are in accordance with FDA, ISO, OSHA and other applicable regulators
- Ensure safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product production processes.
- Assist in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff.
- Support Medical Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and advising others.
- Must be able to reach into machines for tooling changes and adjustments and be able to perform general maintenance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 30 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the manufacturing, inspection, and testing of Medical components and products.
- The employee must be able to spend long periods of time standing.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of CNC machine code and how to apply it appropriately.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.