This role includes a broad range of strategic initiatives and cross-functional responsibilities. The individual is invested in becoming a subject matter expert in the utilization of the Field Inventory Management software (Implant Base) and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to successfully maximize assets in possession of distributors as well as internal field teams. The role acts as the central functional interface between the commercial organization and necessary partner functions, both internally and externally.
- Establish and implement regional warehousing & transportation strategies to support evolving business requirements in partnership with Operations and Sales Management teams
- Assist Field Inventory Audit Confirmation Process
- Accountable for achievement of logistics service levels, spend, and inventory goals
- Establish relationships with internal customers; participate in regular reviews of order fulfillment process and performance KPIs with a mindset towards continuous improvement and customer experience
- Assist with training, oversite, and day-to-day management of Field Inventory Management application (ImplantBase) with Field Team and Distribution network
- Effectively manage distributors on policy adherence and being the liaison to corporate and vice versa
- Assist with forecasting inventory needs for future demand in alignment with annual budgets, local site capacity, actual consumptions rates and more
- Assist with onboarding a new distributor and communicating initial inventory quantities needed as well as facilitate offboarding to ensure all inventory accounted for
- Creating and/or updating inventory management procedures and processes to be standardized, consistent and optimized across all distributorships
- Managing samples requests coming from internal and external business partners and analyzing and reporting on the total spend vs the budget
Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. This job will require consistent and frequent interaction with distributors across the country.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years of experience working in a logistics and/or warehousing position.
- Understanding of medical device regulations governing international and domestic shipments
- Strong analytical and financial skillset
- Highly organized and process driven
- Top-level customer service orientation – both internal and external customers
- In depth knowledge of key planning and logistics processes & current best practices
- Must have the ability to interact and execute at all levels of the company
- Strong results orientation, and ability to drive projects to a successful completion
- Proven ability for critical thought and to think creatively
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Limited travel can be expected
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.