The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing day-to-day support of Anika’s human resources programs, policies, and objectives. Reporting to the VP of HR, the position will interact closely with all members of the HR team to support a wide variety of areas including onboarding, recruitment, HRIS, employee relations, benefits administration, reporting, and maintenance of employee information.
This is a key role in our HR Operations journey to fully leverage our systems and tools for a modern and seamless end user experience across the employee lifecycle. As an HR power user, the position will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and help shape our ongoing technology strategy.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a multitude of HR operational activities including onboarding, offboarding, HRIS, benefit administration, leaves of absence, reporting, and day-to-day requests
- Provide a high level of customer service to assist the HR team and all levels of the organization in responding to business and HR needs
- Build collaborative relationships with HR, cross-functional departments, employees, and vendors
- Responsible for entering HRIS data flow including new hires, changes, terminations, LOA; collaborate with Payroll on related items
- Ensure all employee information in HRIS is accurate and up-to-date
- Produce day-to-day reporting including compliance needs
- Participate in review and testing of new HR system functionality
- Serve as power user in HR technologies, embrace new solutions
- Manage benefit administration and serve as primary point of contact for employees regarding various benefit programs and inquiries
- Maintain carrier feeds with vendors and resolve issues when they arise
- Support various recruitment activities as needed, including job postings, resume screening, interviewing, offer letters, references, and schedule coordination, etc.
- Support annual activities including benefit open enrollment, performance review and merit cycles, headcount planning, event planning, audits, etc.
- Review e-learning content for dynamic topic offerings to employees
- Manage and maintain service and recognition awards
- Maintain up-to-date HR information across internal and external platforms (employee handbook, company website, Intranet, etc.)
- Perform various operational support activities including file maintenance, scheduling, report generation, invoice reconciliation, and preparation of correspondence
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and handling of matters discreetly
- Participate in other HR projects as needed
The HR Generalist works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. The position exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action, and frequently interacts with both inside and outside “customers” at various management levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 0-2 years’ experience within Human Resources
- Technically savvy with the ability to adapt and learn new systems and solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and manage a variety of tasks
- Understands the importance of employee and company confidentiality
- Superb computer literacy with capability in Microsoft office suite and email
- Team player, proactive and enthusiastic individual with the ability to operate in a positive, helpful, and productive manner
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- HR / HRIS experience or other experience with HR or IT software
- Knowledge of general HR practices and employment regulations
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines with results
- Understands and appreciates diversity across cultures and people
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.