The Manager, FP&A is responsible for leading and performing duties associated with the forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis functions in support of overall business activity as well as managing one or more FP&A analyst.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of planning in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Facilitate the budget and forecasting processes
- Perform variance analysis and analytics to support business decision making
- Create a positive image of Anika Therapeutics through communication and interaction with key stakeholders including employees, shareholders, analysts and regulatory authorities
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes; collaborate with key stakeholders to develop assumptions and prepare budgets and forecasts
- Facilitate the maintenance of the SAC budget and forecast models
- Perform business support planning and analysis for major projects and corporate initiatives, specifically for Clinical Trials and R&D activities; interact with internal stakeholders to prepare ad hoc reports and provide analysis
- Assist key stakeholders with monthly close processes including evaluation of the accuracy and completeness of financial results
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial report package to executive leadership
- Perform analysis of budget/forecast variances and present explanations
- Prepare monthly department level variance reports and lead monthly departmental variance reviews
- Prepare presentations for external stakeholders and participate in presentations as required
- Support Investor Relations in developing metrics and presentations for investor communication
- Participate in additional projects or other duties as assigned
The Manager, FP&A applies knowledge and experience to complete activities of diverse scope and moderate complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The position exercises good judgment within generally defined practices, performs research on new or complex items and makes recommendations for action.
Responsible for managing one or more FP&A analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of FP&A experience with a strong budgeting and forecasting background including use of planning systems
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience developing financial models
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- SAP/SAC experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotech/medical device industry desired
- Ability tocomprehend and make inferences from written material
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience mid-tier accounting software
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.