The Master Planner will set and oversee the site supply plan to align with the sales forecast (demand plan) from the integrated business plan, while meeting business objectives of safety, quality, on-time delivery, competitive customer lead times, profitability, and inventory. The Master Planner will collaborate with the site production leadership teams to meet and align on SIOP requirements to meet customer expectations. The Master Planner works closely with the Site Leadership, Production Managers, Shipping/Receiving, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Customer Service to ensure the achievement of production and inventory goals. Support daily management activities to ensure commitments are achieved and communicated to the customer support teams. The Master Planner will also be responsible for assisting in the development of business intelligence tools such as forecast accuracy KPI’s, root cause analytics, and other ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Analyzing demand plan and production plans (supply) to develop an integrated business plan (SIOP) that incorporates, new product development, strategic initiative, and a financial plan.
- Identify critical capacity constraints and develop strategies with the Value Stream team to manage/ eliminate/reduce.
- Oversee products on-hold and returns to ensure follow-up and follow-through.
- Streamline and improve processes through the use of lean tools and industry best practices.
- Effectively communicate with all business functions the SIOP, priorities, status reports, and project updates.
- Collaborate internally to resolve any conflicts.
- Lead / oversee daily/weekly production meetings as needed.
- Ensure on-time delivery metrics are reported daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Analyzes forecast accuracy and takes corresponding actions to improve forecast accuracy and quality.
- Analyze historical and forecasted demand levels and work with the purchasing team to establish and maintain appropriate stocking levels.
- Manages the WIP inventory to support operations and inventory objectives.
- Effectively leads the planning and scheduling teams, works to develop, and grow the team as to support the business.
- Ensure ERP master data integrity and continuously work on system accuracy and quality improvements.
- Establishment of finished good safety stock levels as required, and reviewed on a quarterly basis at a minimum
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Management as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, possesses strong decision-making abilities and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of SIOP Planning concepts and tools.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge of site ERP system (SAP preferred) and proficient with Material requirement planning (MRP) and capacity planning.
- Must be data driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project or equivalent software programs.
- Able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to recognize and solve practical problems that may deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have an understanding of ABC classifications and how these impact stocking levels; cycle counts and inventory in general.
- Must understand the concept of uncoupling sales orders from work orders to ensure a level production flow, S&OP principles.
- BA/BS college degree preferred or equivalent years’ experience
- Prior Experience with Demand & Supply Management, Capacity Planning & Production Planning
- Candidates with Life Sciences and Supply Chain Management background must demonstrate strong analytical fundamentals as they relate to supply chain planning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressive analytical role, preferably production planning / shop floor scheduling
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP/APO, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is required, SAP experience preferred.
- Strong fundamental understanding of statistical techniques underlying supply chain management, , creativity and possess designing fiscal modeling skills.
- Good examining and reasoning skills is beneficial
- Characterization of the variability in demand a must have for this position.
- CPIM/CSCP a plus for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.