This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining site reliability practices which ensure optimal levels of equipment reliability and availability. This includes leading efforts in identifying, resolving, tracking, and preventing equipment failures.
This is an exciting position for someone to ‘lead and champion’ Reliability Engineering (RE) practices which will have a major impact to site’s operational capabilities.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Reliability Engineering: Develop and manage the site’s reliability program which includes asset lifecycle/criticality procedures, managing End-of-Life asset register, and Spare Parts Inventory Module.
- Operational Support: Lead investigations and/or provide on the floor troubleshooting support for equipment/system issues
- Implementing and maintaining all RE activities involving the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of utilities, equipment, and facility support equipment.
- Managing critical spare parts program including identifying, categorizing, ordering, receiving, binning spare parts, and updating Spare Parts database.
- Performs maintenance assessments in order to optimize equipment/system maintenance strategies as they relate to preventive (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) tasks and inspections.
- Maintain direct hands-on interaction with the manufacturing and packaging equipment including set-up and troubleshooting
- Owning Work Requests, Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs), change controls, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Configure, maintain & troubleshoot Continuous Plant Monitoring and Alarm Notification call-out system.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job requires a level of technical proficiency in multiple skill areas and the ability to interpret complex information to solve problems. This includes ability to perform mathematical calculations and perform complex data analysis
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Reliability or Plant or Facilities Engineering
- Expertise in utilizing tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), equipment criticality analysis (ECA), and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Prior experience in predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration analysis, oil analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasound and motor current analysis.
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Certified Plant Engineer, or Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional is a plus.
- Prior experience working in the Biologics, Pharma, or Medical Device industry will be a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to be available for emergency on-site support during off-hours or weekends in case of critical equipment/system failure
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.