Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for inspection, testing and final disposition of components and finished goods in accordance with department procedures and specifications using vision systems, coordinate measurement equipment, material test systems (MTS) and hand instruments.
Being a team-player, good decision-making based on data, and flexibility in prioritizing work activities are keys to being successful in this role.
This position may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays based on business demands.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Inspection and testing using various lab equipment, such as Keyence, OGP, MTS, micrometers, gage pins, etc.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Able to write inspection programs
- Oversee Gage R&R
- Assist in trouble shooting problems in manufacturing.
- Sample, inspect and disposition components and finished goods in accordance with department procedures and specifications.
- Perform inspection and testing using various lab equipment, such as Keyence, OGP, MTS, micrometers, gage pins, etc.
- Use statistical sampling plans in evaluation of products.
- Able to read engineering drawings and determine acceptance criteria.
- Assists with trouble shooting problems found in manufacturing.
- Prepares inspection reports, Certificates of Analysis and other quality documents, as required.
- Interfaces with other departments as necessary to obtain standards and/or specifications to properly evaluate incoming components and in-process finished goods.
- Document and report data in accordance with written procedures and specifications and enters final disposition in SAP.
- Notifies appropriate personnel (supervisors and machine operators) to non-compliant parameters and initiates nonconforming reports.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Assignments are defined by operational needs and priorities.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing inspection using optical and metrology equipment and hand measuring instruments.
- Experience reading blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques and process improvement methods is desirable.
- Familiarity with SAP or similar ERP systems and MasterControl is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.