Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and perform product testing to support production and new product development. The ideal candidate will be someone who has quality inspection experience and is eager to learn and grow with an innovative, medical device manufacturing company. They are a team player possessing initiative and self-motivation.
- Performs incoming, in-process and final inspection and testing in accordance with work instructions and inspection standards.
- Possess the ability to analyze and interpret measurement data to make decisions.
- Able to set up and operate metrology equipment.
- Able to use micrometers, gages and other instruments to perform testing.
- Knowledge of measurement fundamentals such as Gage R&R.
- Able to understand and interpret drawings to perform testing.
- Ability to read and interpret calibration reports and assist with maintaining a compliant calibration process.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Appropriately escalate problems or issues, focusing on finding a solution.
- Observe safety regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to management.
- This job description does not list all job duties that may be assigned by management. Management has the right to revise the job description at any time.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 2 years’ experience performing inspection using optical and metrology equipment.
- Experience reading blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques and process improvement methods is desirable.
- Familiarity with Solidworks a plus.
- Works in an air-conditioned environment.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be willing to wear company supplied, safety and personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- The employee might be frequently required to sit, climb stairs, kneel, or crouch, in accordance with job duties.
No direct reports.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.