The Scientist is responsible for providing support to R&D and Manufacturing teams under the supervision of the Director of R&D. We are seeking a candidate who is energetic and can carry out development projects with minimal supervision. A hands-on scientist that is a problem-solver, who can provide imaginative solutions to issues as they arise.
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Design and carry out experiments to investigate Chemical/Material/Biological properties of candidate materials for use in applications in Orthopedics and General Surgery
- Develop prototypes and processes at the lab-scale.
- Develop Analytical methods as necessary for product testing and process development.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, marketing, and regulatory as needed.
- Prepare R&D Reports and file Patent Applications for any inventions.
- Ph.D. in Biomaterials Science, Polymer Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related field.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience with Polymer-based Biomaterials.
- Experience in Formulation of gels and emulsions.
- Knowledge of Hyaluronic Acid and/or Polysaccharide chemistry.
- Experience with Formulation of active ingredients in pharmaceutical applications.
- Experience with Chemical Synthesis, Analytical Chemistry methods, Physical/Rheological characterization, or Cell-based Biological assays.
- Experience with Quality System requirements for Class III Medical Devices.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.