Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant I is primarily responsible for billing support, cash application, and collection efforts across multiple domestic entities. This position will also support the month-end close process with journal entries, reconciliations, and analytical work. Additional areas of exposure include SOX testing, audit support, and ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Supports customer invoicing as the Company continues to streamline and transition to an automated billing system
- Daily cash application of incoming customer payments and researching remittance issues, including both credit card payments and bank transactions
- Customer collections – both routine dunning notifications as well as more in-depth efforts to resolve issues with open invoices
- Month-close support including reconciliations and manual journal entries
- Supports quarterly and year-end audits
- Serve as a backup to other team members on daily and monthly tasks
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
- Due to the nature of business support, this position is required to be physically on-site in our Sarasota office
This is an entry level position with an initial focus on daily transactions and key customer-facing responsibilities in billing and collections. As the business continues streamlining and automating some of these tasks, the role is expected to develop into more advanced and developmental accounting activities.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline;
- 0-2 years of work experience, internship experience considered
- Basic knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with ERP system is preferred, Anika uses SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively with strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented, ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft office suits and related tools
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.