The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the ownership of all Warehouse activities at the Bedford, MA site. The Supervisor will oversee activities involving the receiving of raw materials, control of inventory, and shipment of finished goods. The Supervisor ensures daily warehouse operations are occurring to establish cGMP procedures, manages warehouse personnel, and ensures that all racking and material are in compliance with local and federal standards.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Develops warehousing tactical plans that are aligned with the strategic direction of the company including capacity analysis, reliability programs and EHS compliance initiatives.
- Perform all activities within the confines of the Quality System and cGMP principles.
- Understands warehouse capacity and lean inventory practices, implements continuous improvement, 5S, lean/six-sigma, and cost reduction initiatives in line with the corporate strategic direction.
- Participates in projects and activities which support the growth efforts of the company.
- Maintains cost discipline within assigned programs
Specific Tactical Responsibilities:
- Work with the guidance from corporate EHS to implement EHS initiatives within the warehouse.
- Supervises warehouse employees performing routine to complex tasks. Trains, coaches, and develops warehouse employees to perform required job activities.
- Ensures records and shipping logs are maintained to cGMP standards. Enforces compliance to Anika’s quality systems including the proper labeling, segregation, and control of raw materials, components, and products.
- Ensures activities are executed within company safety guidelines. Provide active warehouse representation for safety committee activities.
- Leads physical inventory activities ensuring accurate transactions of inventoried items and resolves discrepancies as needed.
- Leads the cycle count program ensuring accurate transactions of inventoried items and resolves discrepancies as needed.
- Maintain ERP system with all material transactions into and out of inventory and complete required documents for QSR compliance.
- Optimizes layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering product turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Supervises activities to ensure requests from Manufacturing to fill work orders from raw material inventory are performed accurately. This includes material moving into but also returned from Manufacturing.
- Coordinate with freight carriers to determine best shipping method and pricing to meet customer requirements.
- Maintains warehouse equipment and reports equipment issues to facilities management.
The Supervisor executes assignments that are aligned with department goals and reviews work that support these goals. The Supervisor provides direct supervision of warehouse employees and provides information to professional employees regarding warehouse operations. The Supervisor exercises judgement within defined procedures to determine appropriate action and normally receives no instruction on routine work and limited instructions and training on new assignments.
Responsible for first line supervision of Warehouse shipping and receiving staff including temporary workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a computerized MRP/ERP system (SAP required).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising warehouse employees.
- Experience utilizing warehouse equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience with SAP
- Prior experience managing a warehouse in a GMP setting for a Medical Device company.
- Prior experience working in/with an EHS function is a plus.
- Forklift license or certification.
- Experience with freight carriers, terms, and international shipping requirements.
- Ability to lead shipping/receiving personnel and work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel from all areas of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.