Fusions & Bunions
Do you have a bunion that causes persistent pain when walking and prevents you from doing some of the things that you love or wearing your favorite shoes? If your toe arthritis is too severe for an anatomic toe implant or you are suffering with a bunion, Anika’s CheckMate Fusion plates and/or Kissloc Suture System could be the right solution for you.
CheckMATE Toe Fusion Plates
For those whose arthritis is too severe for an anatomic toe implant, Anika offers the CheckMATE® FusionPlate System. A toe fusion is often used for older adults who have a moderate to less active lifestyle and are unable to wear normal shoes without pain. Anika’s CheckMATE Toe Fusion Plates are pre-contoured to match your specific anatomy and are very low-profile, intending to minimize the “feel” of the implant. Fusion plates can eliminate a large amount of motion in the toe joint.
- Low-profile and pre-contoured to match the patient’s specific anatomy, minimizing the patient “feel” of the implant
- Designed for ease of surgeon use, to shorten surgical time and to eliminate any possible implantation errors
- Decreased risk of infection with pre-packaged and sterile instruments
- Designed for easy removal if desired following the complete healing (fusing) of the bones
Kissloc Suture System
A bunion is an unnatural bony growth on the side of the big toe. Not only can this become uncomfortable when wearing shoes, but this growth can also cause the big toe to angle inward to the other toes resulting in more pain and discomfort. If you need bunion surgery, your surgeon may use a suture system to correct the angle of the big toe and remove the deformity. Anika’s Kissloc™ Suture System, shortens recovery time, and assures that the big toe will heal in the most natural, correct position.
- Suture-based bunion correction system provides a very strong and stable construct
- Self-tightening proprietary knot allows surgeons to achieve perfect alignment before locking system into place
- Minimally invasive procedure provides shorter recovery period than most conventional bunion procedures
- Helps patients return to an active lifestyle
If you are suffering from severe toe arthritis and/or bunions and in need of surgery, talk to your doctor about Anika’s solutions today.
Available in the U.S. Only
Anika products may not be available in all geographies. Product availability is subject to regulations in individual countries. Please Contact Us if you have questions about products available in your country.
For complete product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions, please refer to the Instructions for Use found here.