Summary of Responsibilities:
The Buyer Planner II will be primarily responsible for all activities associated with the purchasing of assigned materials, components, equipment, supplies, or services. The position has responsibility for the planning and monitoring of appropriate inventory levels, and to ensure the timely deliveries of materials/services to support continued supply chain/manufacturing operations.
- Perform all purchasing activities for assigned materials/services, to include competitive quotations and introduction of alternative suppliers based on quality, cost, lead-time, and service.
- Review inventory levels and safety stocks to ensure that they are line with requirements.
- Develop and maintain long-term supplier relationships that will provide Anika with competitive advantages including lowest total cost, highest quality products, and superior customer service.
- Review MRP to ensure requisitions or purchase orders are scheduled in line with requirements. Take appropriate measure to resolve any issues, including expediating when appropriate.
- Liaison for internal departments on purchase order management concerns and questions.
- Supplier Performance management – responsible for the maintenance of the open purchase order book for accuracy to support accurate ERP data for on time delivery KPIs.
- Maintain cost discipline and identify opportunities to minimize cost by negotiating with key suppliers on purchase price to contribute towards a savings pipeline.
- Coordinate Business Partner set up activities in collaboration with partners in Quality and Finance for inclusion into Anika’s Approved Supplier List
- Monitor and maintain team and/or individual metrics.
- Support any Lean or EHS activities or initiatives.
- Responsible for other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline or relevant experience
- ASCM or related professional certification desirable
- 3+ years purchasing or planning experience with emphasis on manufacturing in the medical device/biotech industry; internship experience considered.
- Knowledge of quality system regulations and MRP/ERP systems
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Ability to work effectively with manufacturing, quality, marketing/sales, finance, engineering, and R&D
- Specifications, quality, delivery, cost requirements need to be understood and managed in order to achieve a successful purchasing result.
- Routinely collaborating with external suppliers is a fundamental responsibility of this position.
- Management of the internal requirements is a key role of the position.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time and deliver results on time.
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP
- Prior contract/supplier management experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.