Tactoset Injectable Bone Substitute
Proprietary Hyaluronic Acid-Enhanced Formulation
Tactoset® provides a minimally invasive treatment option for bone marrow lesions or insufficiency fractures via percutaneous skeletal fixation. The product is used to improve the structural quality of the affected subchondral bone and promote local bone remodeling while preventing subchondral bone collapse and subsequent progression of osteoarthritis.
Tactoset is a synthetic, biocompatible, hyaluronic acid-enhanced, calcium phosphate bone graft substitute material intended for filling bone voids or defects of the skeletal system that are not intrinsic to the stability of bony structure. The device provides an injectable, self-setting, osteoconductive bone graft substitute that hardens post-deployment to reinforce weaknesses and mimic the properties of trabecular bone. Tactoset supports cell-mediated regeneration of new bone as it is resorbed and replaced by the growth of new bone during the healing process.
Tactoset is also indicated for the augmentation of hardware, such as soft tissue anchors, and can provide greater than twice the pullout strength of non-augmented anchors.1 Augmenting with Tactoset increases the density of poor-quality bone caused by cysts or osteoarthritis, allowing for placement of anchors in the ideal repair location, and resulting in additional suture anchor pull-out strength.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Supports endogenous cell-mediated regeneration of new bone as material is resorbed1,2
- Hyaluronic acid-enhanced formulation
- Highly flowable and easily injectable during minimally invasive surgery1
- Interdigitates into trabecular bone architecture to fill closed bone voids1,2
- Indicated for augmentation of hardware, such as soft tissue anchors2
- Unique cannula design allows surgeons to easily switch intraoperatively between side and end Tactoset delivery without having to remove and reinsert the outer cannula1
- Closed mixing system minimizes environmental exposure1
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure in an ambulatory surgical center (ASC)
Anika offers a comprehensive portfolio of soft tissue anchors in a broad range of size, material, and suture options to address rotator cuff repair and other surgical needs. View our Sports Medicine product offerings here.
Available in the U.S. Only
Anika products may not be available in all geographies. Product availability is subject to the regulatory clearances in individual markets. Please reach out to your local representative or Contact Us if you have questions about specific market approvals.
For complete product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions, please refer to the Instructions for Use found here.
- Data on file, Anika Therapeutics, Inc.
- Tactoset Instructions for Use. Anika Therapeutics, Inc.; AML 500-335.