Anatomic Shoulder Hemiarthroplasty and Arthroplasty Systems
Shoulder HemiCAP & OVO/OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid Total Shoulder Arthroplasty (TSA) Systems
Anika’s Shoulder HemiCAP® Systems and the OVO®/OVOMotion® with Inlay Glenoid Shoulder Arthroplasty Systems are minimally invasive solutions for treating patients suffering from glenohumeral osteoarthritis, across glenoid stages.
The non-spherical humeral head implants with inlay glenoid precisely recreate the native anatomy of the shoulder joint and provide equal or better pain relief with superior range of motion compared to traditional total shoulder replacements1.
These revolutionary, clinically-proven, anatomic stemless partial and total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA) systems are effective in not only the younger, active patient, but also for patients with advanced glenohumeral arthritis, even those facing posterior subluxation and bone erosion. It is the only true anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty system that maintains the native joint line allowing patients to return to their active lifestyles without restrictions for the long-term. The proprietary design provides a stable implant construct, improved range of motion and reduced pain.1
Key Features & Benefits1-3:
- Intuitive, universal, reproducible procedure
- The anatomic humeral curvatures and inlay glenoids are designed to eliminate overstuffing which can affect range of motion, overloading, and glenoid loosening
- Maintains soft-tissue envelope and native joint mechanics, does not lateralize the joint and does not alter version, height or volume of the glenohumeral joint. No overstuffing
- Non-spherical (aspherical) OVOID shaped implant precisely matches the anatomy of the humeral head
- Bone and tissue sparing system preserves future surgical interventions; “No Bridges Burned”
- Offers 51 anatomically matched humeral implant convexities & 4 inlay glenoid options
- Clinically proven published peer reviewed data1-3
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure in an ambulatory surgical center (ASC)
Inlay Glenoid Features
- Clinically proven solution across glenoid stages; inlay design eliminates the rocking horse effect
- Partial or full inlay glenoid eliminates overstuffing
- Glenoid bone preservation permits future onlay options
- Inlay design is stable and anatomic to avoid loosening
- Off-axis preparation of the glenoid socket avoids head removal
Designed with confidence by Arthrosurface, a company with a demonstrated history of developing revolutionary anatomic joint replacement solutions that allow patients to Stay Active™. Arthrosurface has joined Anika.
Shoulder HemiCAP, OVO, and OVOMotion with Inlay Glenoid are available in the U.S.
OVOMotion is not available outside of the U.S. Shoulder HemiCAP and OVO are available in select OUS markets.
Anika products may not be available in all geographies. Product availability is subject to the regulatory clearances in individual markets. Please reach out to your local representative or Contact Us if you have questions about specific market approvals.
For complete product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions, please refer to the Instructions for Use found here.
- Arthrosurface data on file
- Cvetanovich GL, Naylor AJ, O’Brien MC, Waterman BR, Garcia GH, Nicholson GP. Anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty with an inlay glenoid component: clinical outcomes and return to activity. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2020 Jun;29(6):1188-1196. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2019.10.003. Epub 2019 Dec 31. PMID: 31899092.
- Egger AC, Peterson J, Jones MH, Miniaci A. Total shoulder arthroplasty with nonspherical humeral head and inlay glenoid replacement: clinical results comparing concentric and nonconcentric glenoid stages in primary shoulder arthritis. JSES Open Access. 2019 Sep 13;3(3):145-153. doi: 10.1016/j.jses.2019.07.009. PMID: 31709354; PMCID: PMC6834987.